I tried this simple recipe that was posted on Good Dinner Mom and absolutely loved it. There's something special about recipes that are passed down generations and have a great story behind them. Try it out and let us know what you thought.
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled if desired, sliced very thinly
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- ½ tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
Crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- Slice cucumbers and place on paper towel to remove some of the moisture
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all other ingredients and add cucumbers. Stir to coat.
- Taste and add more crushed red pepper flakes if desired.
- The salad may be made up to 4 hours ahead of serving but should be served the day it is made.
Recipe from The Late Chester T. Humeniuk.