All our lives, we’ve been told to oil our hair by our elders. So even if beards might be trendy and extremely relevant to millennials they too are hair! So why aren’t you taking better care of it?
A regular oiling goes a long way to make your hair lustrous and manageable. One can certainly garner the same effects for their beard by religious beard care. But with beard products not being so widely available, what is one to do?
Never fear, we’re here! With this DIY we can give you a low cost and yet, completely natural product for your facial tresses.
Moisture laden though this DIY Beard Softener may be, it also provides you a great styling benefit due to the presence of beeswax. So if you’re a DIY whiz who loves taking care of his pride and joy or even a friend looking to do a good deed, this recipe will be easy enough to whip up at home!
So without further ado, onward we go!
3 parts Coconut Oil (We hate to brag, but we do make a nice one!)
3 parts Shea Butter
2 parts Beeswax
2-3 drops Tea Tree Oil
2-3 drops Rosemary Oil
Instructions of Creation:
- Use a double boiler to melt down the Shea Butter and Beeswax. You could also a microwave in short 20 second bursts, but make sure that you don’t burn the ingredients!
- Then add your coconut oil to this mixture and whisk vigorously.
- Add your Tea Tree and Rosemary Oils to the mixture but be sure to only fold it in. Vigorous stirring of essential oils will make them lose their potency.
- Add this mixture to a tin for easy access and let it set overnight.
A beard may be very attractive but is certainly high maintenance! So do ensure that you live your bearded life to the fullest by using products that not only nourish the hair follicles but also the skin beneath. An extra step in your morning regime it may be, but a small price to pay for saying goodbye to an itchy beard.
So why are these ingredients beneficial?
- Coconut Oil- It is a known anti-fungal oil that is also extremely moisturizing that can keep the itchy beard syndrome at bay.
- Shea Butter- It aids the skin’s natural collagen production as it contains oleic, stearic, palmitic and linolenic acids that protect and nourish the skin. People with frizzy hair always use this to nourish their ends and the same works for your parched beard!
- Beeswax- This gives you the opportunity to style your beard because this ingredient gives the product a “hold” similar to a wax. Beeswax is very stable at high temperatures which is important in the Indian subcontinent and makes the product extremely travel friendly.
- Tea Tree Oil- It aids acne sufferers and keeps oiliness at bay. It has been also been proven to help with infections by curing and keeping them at bay.
- Rosemary Oil- This increases blood circulation when applied topically and can ease any puffiness, itching or swelling.
So are you ready to whip up your DIY beard softener today?
Let us know in the comments below if you have any feedback for us and do share with your bearded lads!