Photo credits: thedabblist
Now all us coconut oil lovers know the numerous benefits it has. But ever thought of adding it to your morning coffee? Sounds strange? Here is why you should be doing it:
- It's a great way to introduce coconut oil to your diet.
- It kickstarts your metabolism. The lauric acid in coconut oil has natural MCT which helps in improving metabolic activity.
- It prolongs or prevents the caffein crash.
- Helps fights germs due to its anti-bacterial properties.
- Really enhances the taste of your coffee!
Try the recipe below for a tasty cup of coconut oil coffee.
You will need
- Brewed coffee (Try brewing a nice espresso)
- Extra virgin coconut oil (Click here)
- Ceylon cinnamon powder
- Raw Honey
- Vanilla essence
Prepare a fresh batch of hot coffee using a mocha pot or a french press. Now pour about 100ml of the coffee into a blender. Then add 3-4 table spoons of extra virgin coconut oil. The extra virgin coconut oil made from coconut milk has a sweet and light flavour, making it perfect for this recipe. Next add 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder, 1 spoon of raw honey and 2 drops of vanilla essence. Now blend thoroughly until all ingredients are properly mixed. Finally pour yourself a cup of delicious coconut coffee. Make sure to have it hot.